Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Paper Love


On Thursday mornings I babysit three of the sweetest children. The family homeschools, so I have the opportunity to help them with their school work and it really is a joy. When they are done with their school work we play games on the trampoline and I think I have just as much fun as them. When I was younger, I always wanted a trampoline but it was always "too dangerous" or "we didn't have a good spot in the back yard." So in some strange way it fulfills my childhood wish.

This past Thursday, upon finishing watching the kids, I met my mom for lunch at Chipotle (delish!) and then took a thorough and leisurely trip to Michaels. It has been months since I have gone in a craft store and just walked through all the isles, so it was wonderful.

I had a couple specific things to buy for the art class I teach, but other than that I just wandered around throwing my favorite goodies into the cart. And boy did I find the goodies. When I use my Prismacolor pencils, I prefer a toned paper. Generally, I end up using a pastel paper, but recently I have been wishing for something with less of a tooth. After seeing some gorgeous sketches done by a friend on smooth, gray paper I have really been wanting some. And lucky for me- Michaels had just the thing! And buy 1 get 1 free!




I obviously scooped up both colors- tan and grey. I have yet to use the tan, but I have done a few sketches on the gray paper and I adore it. The colors pop oh so bright and everything goes on so smooth. The paper came in two size pads, and I bought the smaller (5" x 7") but I will definitely be purchasing the larger as well- I think it was 9" x 12". 




-Emily





No comments:

Post a Comment