Thursday, May 21, 2015

How-to-Draw: Circle Roses

This project idea was found on artprojectsforkids.com
I am posting this for use in the art camps that I am teaching this summer. 
Parents, please take a look at some of the projects your kids will be or have been doing in camp! They may even want to use these templates to teach you or their siblings what they have learned.

How-to-Draw: Circle Roses

Materials
  • Drawing paper
  • Pencil
  • Black marker
  • Colored pencils or markers 


Step 1: For this project, I have included several photos. There are a lot of separate, but fairly simple lines to draw, For that reason, I won't include a description for all of the steps. But if you look at the picture it should be clear what comes next! As you will notice, I traced over each of my lines in black marker before moving on to the next step. I do suggest doing this, but be sure to draw in pencil first incase you make a mistake that you want to change! 
The first step is drawing the circles that will become roses. I suggest 3-4 larger circles, and 3-4 smaller circles. They do not have to be in the same arrangement as mine. 

Step 2: Pick one of your circles to turn into a rose first.

Step 3: 

Step 4:

Step 5:

Step 6:

Step 7:

Step 8: Once you have one rose drawn, follow the same basic pattern to complete the other flowers! The line placement doesn't have to be identical by any means. If you look at my picture, each rose is a little bit different.

Step 9: Add some leaves and swirly lines wherever you think they will look best! 

Step 10: Add veins to the leaves. You may want them on only one side like I did, or on both! 

Step 11: Add color! I chose several shades of pink and red for my flowers. I scattered my different shades so that one shade was not in two touching sections.




No comments:

Post a Comment